Blissful Belly Whole Food Co. “just-add-water” Variations & Embellishments!
BLACK BEAN FUDGE BROWNIE MIX
ONE-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE GLAZE
1. Bake 1 package of Black Bean Fudge Brownie mix according to package directions.
2. Remove from oven and sprinkle about 1/3 cup of chocolate chips over warm brownies. (Note: check ingredients for allergens if needed.)
3. Allow chocolate chips to sit and melt for about 2-3 minutes.
4. With the back of a clean spoon spread the melted chocolate over the surface of the brownies (or other cake), creating a glaze. Allow to cool on cupboard or in fridge to allow glaze to set.
5. Optional – before glaze cools, sprinkle chopped nuts, fresh or dried fruit, sprinkles, or dried culinary flowers.
CARAMEL “CHEESE” CAKE w/ BROWNIE BASE
1. Prepare 1 pkg Black Bean Fudge Brownie Mix, as per package mix directions.
2. Transfer to a springform pan. Bake as per package mix directions. Cool.
1. Soak 2 cups raw cashews for 2 hours or more. Drain, and add to a high power blender or food processor.
2. Remove the pits from 6 large medjool dates. (Note: soak dates for an hour, if not fresh and plump.) Add to blender with 1/2 cup maple syrup, 3 Tbsp mesquite powder (optional-but adds to the caramel flavor), and 1 tsp vanilla.
3. Blend, gradually adding 1/3 – 2/3 cup water, creating a creamy thick consistency.
4. Transfer to cheesecake pan, spreading over brownie layer. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 4 hours or more.
Decorate Top Layer:
1. Melt 4 – 8 oz dark chocolate (80%) chocolate in either microwave in 30 seconds spurts, or in a double broiler (avoid getting water into the chocolate or it will turn white.) Depending on the amount of cocoa butter in the chocolate, you may need to add a tsp or more of coconut oil to allow it to be thin enough to drizzle. NOTE: You can also add another tablespoon of mesquite to the chocolate to increase the level of caramel flavour.
2. Drizzle over cake, as desired. Allow to set before serving.
***Other Decorative Options:
This photo includes date balls and pecans placed around the outer edge of the cake, prior to the chocoalate drizzle. There are many decorative options – make it your own creation!
MAPLE WALNUT GLAZE for BLACK BEAN FUDGE BROWNIES
1. Bake 1 package of Black Bean Fudge Brownie Mix, according to package directions.
2. Spread a generous layer of pure maple butter over cooled brownies.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate walnuts (or pecans if prefered.)
Note: Maple Glaze will “stiffen” or “set” when placed in refriegerator for an hour or more. Enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BROWNIE ICE CREAM CAKE
Bottom Brownie Layer:
1. In a 9″ spring form (or torte) pan, bake 1 package – Black Bean Fudge Brownie Mix, according to package directions. Cool completely.
Ice Cream Layer:
1. In a blender or food proccesor blend together 3 frozen bananas (broken into thirds) + 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (unsweetened) + 1/4 cup maple syrup + 1/2-3/4 tsp salt (if using unsalted peanut butter)
2. Transfer to the pan, spreading over top of cooled brownie.
Top Layer (optional):
1. Sprinkle 2-3 Tbsp cocoa nibs, or melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips and drizzle over top.
1. In freezer allow to set for several hours (minimum 5-6 hours) or overnight.
2. Remove from springpan, slice and serve.
HEART SHAPED BROWNIE BITES w/ RASPBERRY FROSTING
BOTTOM BROWNIE LAYER:
1 package – Black Bean Fudge Brownie mix, baked according to package directions.
1 cup raw cashews
1 tsp pink powder (dried raspberry or a blend of dried raspberry, beet powder, and dragon fruit powder)
1/4 cup coconut nectar
up to several tablespoons of water, coconut, or nut mylk
1. Bake “Black Bean Fudge Brownie” Mix as per package directions in a 9″x9″ pan. Cool completely.
2. Using a medium size heart=shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts. (Trim can be used in brownie bite ice cream!)
3. Make frosting by blending cashews, pink powder, and liquid sweetener in a high power blender or Magic Bullet until creamy. (Note: if too think add a drizzle of water, coconut, or nut mylk a few teaspoons at a time.)
4. Place frosting in refrigerator to thicken, for an hour or more.
5. Spread or pipe frosting over brownie bites. Decorate with a fresh or freeze dried raspberry, if desired.
BROWNIE FRUIT PIZZA
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare 1 package of Black Bean Fudge Brownie Mix, according to package directions.
3. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Spread mix batter over pan evenly.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool.
1. Spread 1 (one) cup your favorite thick plant-based yogurt (or Coconut Buttercreme) evenly over brownie base.
1.Slice or chop 2 cups of a variety of fresh ripe berries or fruit (mango, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, cherries, nectarines, etc) Arrange over yogurt layer.
2. Optional: Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips (microwave on 30 second bursts or medium-low heat.)