BAKING MIX VARIATION SUGGESTIONS
One Ingredient Chocolate Glaze
- Bake 1 package of Black Bean Fudge Brownie Mix according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle about 1/3 cup chocolate chips over warm brownies.
- Allow chocolate chips to sit and melt for about 2-3 minutes.
- With the back of a spoon spread the melted chocolate chips over the surface of the brownies, creating a glaze. Allow to cool for glaze to set.
- Optional – before glaze cools, sprinkle chopped nuts, fresh or dried fruit, sprinkles or dried culinary flowers.
Maple Walnut Glaze
- Bake 1 package of Black Bean Fudge Brownie Mix.
- Spread pure maple butter over cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts (or other favorite nuts.)
- (Maple Glaze will “stiffen” or “set” when placed in refrigerator for an hour or more. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Cake
Bottom Brownie Layer:
1 package – Black Bean Fudge Brownie mix
Ice Cream Layer:
3 frozen bananas (broken or cut into thirds)
3/4 cup natural peanut butter (unsweetened)
1/4 pure maple syrup
1/2-3/4 tsp salt (if peanut butter is unsalted)
Top Layer (optional):
2-3 Tbsp cacao nibs, or 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Bake “Black Bean Fudge Brownie” Mix as per package directions in a round torte (9″ spring form) pan. Cool completely.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend frozen banana, peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt until smooth and creamy.
3. Transfer to the torte pan, spreading over top of the cooled brownie.
4. Sprinkle with optional cacao nibs or drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
5. Freeze for several hours (minimum 5-6 hours) or overnight. Remove from pan, slice and serve.
1 package – Black Bean Fudge Brownie Mix
1 cup – thick non-dairy yogurt (we use YOSO brand, coconut)
2 cups – fresh berries or fruit (mango, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, cherries, nectarines, etc)
(Optional) – 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Bake “Black Bean Fudge Brownie” mix according to package directions, in a round pizza pan. Cool completely.
2. Spread brownie layer with thick non-dairy yogurt.
3. Arrange fruit of choice over yogurt layer.
4. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips (optional.)
Fruit-filled Crepe with Chocolate Glaze
- Prepare Buckwheat Cinnamon Pancake/Waffle Mix (add a bit more water, one teaspoon at a time for thinner crepes.)
- Heat lightly oiled non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Drizzle batter onto heated pan and cook crepe.
- Transfer to a serving plate and place fresh fruit along middle section.
- Roll the crepe over the fruit on both ends.
- Drizzle with coconut yogurt and/or chocolate glaze (see: One Ingredient Chocolate Glaze above)
- Serve immediately.